Summer is a prime time for vacations, and Missouri welcomes over 41 million visitors every year. One of the main things that happens on vacations is taking pictures. As an advocate for Missouri tourism, the Office of Lieutenant Governor is committed to raising awareness for our state’s many destinations for tourism and vacations.
The “Vacation Missouri” photo contest is designed not only to raise awareness for Missouri tourism, but also to promote the work of photographers in the expert, intermediate, and beginner’s level.
Works acceptable will include aerial, adventure/action, animal/pets, architecture, artistic, astrophotography, black and white, camera phone, digiscoping, event, infrared, macro, microscopic, nature, night, panoramic, people, pinhole, scenic, sports, travel, ultraviolet, urban, and underwater. Please no nudes or images that show violence or activity generally considered being graphic in nature.
There will be three categories:
- Beginner – for amateur and hobby photographers
- Intermediate – for middle range photographers with an elevated skillset
- Advanced – for expert and professional photographers
A first place winner will be selected in each category
Contest announced September 3, closed October 5 and winners chosen by October 30.
- Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
- Photos submitted must be at least 640 pixels on the shorter side, and no more than 2000 pixels on the longer side. Images should be no larger than 2MB. Photos must be in JPEG format.
- Contest entrants may submit only one photo.
- All submitted photos must contain the original EXIF metadata information. However, there must be no border(s), logo(s), copyright marks, identifying marks, or any other visible references and/or marks on the image.
- Basic editing, including color enhancement, the use of filters, and cropping of the photo(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the photo(s).
- Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations, and the adding and removing of significant elements within the frame is prohibited.
How to Enter
Please send your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information for your submitted photo:
- Unique title and description
- Date and Location of photo
- Your name, address, e-mail, and phone number
By entering, you represent that:
- your entry is your own original work; and
- you own or have the rights to convey any and all right and title in any material submitted as part of your entry into the contest. By entering, you grant to The Office of Lieutenant Governor a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to edit, publish, promote, republish at any time in the future and otherwise use your submission, along with your name and likeness, in any and all media for any purpose, without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). By participating in the contest, you agree to release The Office of Lieutenant Governor from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, possession, use, or misuse of any prize.
The Office of Lieutenant Governor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, or other errors or problems which may occur in connection with the contest, whether computer, network, technical, mechanical, typographical, printing, human or otherwise, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing or judging of entries, the announcement of the prizes, in any contest-related materials, or that may limit prize fulfillment or a participant’s ability to enter the contest. The Office of Lieutenant Governor reserves the right to amend these official rules and to permanently disqualify from the Contest any person it believes has intentionally violated these official rules.
By entering, you agree that the information you provide may be sent to promotional partners of the The Office of Lieutenant Governor. You may be contacted by the The Office of Lieutenant Governor and/or promotional partners with future promotional offers. Information provided by you to participate in this Contest is subject to the privacy policies of the The Office of Lieutenant Governor(s).