Summer is a prime time for vacations, and Missouri welcomes over 41 million visitors every year. We often take photos during our vacations to remember the experience and all of the impressive places we visited. As an advocate for Missouri tourism, the Office of Lieutenant Governor is committed to raising awareness of our state’s many destinations and vacations. The #MissouriAdventure photo contest is designed to raise awareness of Missouri tourism and promote the work of photographers of all levels. Each photo contest entry will be displayed on the Lieutenant Governor website, here. The #MissouriAdventure Photo Challenge begins May 30th and closes September 30th. Winners will be chosen by October 7th.
We want to hear about YOUR Missouri Adventure!
Works acceptable will include aerial, adventure/action, animal/pets, architecture, artistic, astrophotography, black and white, camera phone, digiscoping, event, infrared, macro, microscopic, nature, night, panoramic, people, pinhole, scenic, sports, travel, ultraviolet, urban, and underwater. Please no nude images or images that show violence or activity generally considered being graphic in nature.
- Submissions will not be accepted after the September 30th deadline.
- Photos must be in JPEG format.
- Multiple photo entries are allowed.
- There must be no border(s), logo(s), copyright marks, identifying marks, or any other visible references and/or marks on the image.
- Basic editing, including color enhancement, the use of filters, and cropping of the photo(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity of the photo(s).
- Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations and the adding and removing of significant elements within the frame is prohibited.
The first 100 photo entries will qualify for a Lieutenant Governor Kehoe’s #MissouriAdventure Photo Contest t-shirt.
By printing off this #MissouriAdventure flier and using it in the photo you submit or creatively incorporating #MissouriAdventure into your photo submission, you will be entered to win a Grand Prize Package that will take you and your family on your own Missouri Adventure!
How to Enter
E-mail your photo entry to email@example.com and include the following information for your submitted photo:
- With the subject line: Lt Gov Photo Challenge Entry
- Unique photo title and description of your Missouri Adventure
- Date and Location of photo
- Your name, address, e-mail, and phone number
- T-shirt size
By entering, you represent that:
- your entry is your own original work; and
- you own or have the rights to convey any and all right and title in any material submitted as part of your entry into the contest. By entering, you grant to The Office of Lieutenant Governor a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to edit, publish, promote, republish at any time in the future and otherwise use your submission, along with your name and likeness, in any and all media for any purpose, without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). By participating in the contest, you agree to release The Office of Lieutenant Governor from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, possession, use, or misuse of any prize.
The Office of Lieutenant Governor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, or other errors or problems which may occur in connection with the contest, whether computer, network, technical, mechanical, typographical, printing, human or otherwise, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing or judging of entries, the announcement of the prizes, in any contest-related materials, or that may limit prize fulfillment or a participant’s ability to enter the contest. The Office of Lieutenant Governor reserves the right to amend these official rules and to permanently disqualify from the Contest any person it believes has intentionally violated these official rules.