Missouri Rx (MoRx) is Missouri’s new State Pharmacy Assistance Program replacing the Missouri Senior Rx Program. Missouri Rx was created by the 93rd General Assembly to coordinate benefits with Medicare’s (Part D) Prescription Drug Program, and to provide additional assistance for prescription drug costs to Missourians in need. I am honored to currently serve as the Chairman of the Missouri Rx Plan Commission.
- Participants in the program will receive 50% savings where MoRx pays for half of a members’ out of pocket costs remaining after their Medicare Prescription Drug Plan pays. It pays for 50% of the deductible, 50% of the co-pays before the coverage gap, 50% of the coverage gap, and 50% of co-pays in the catastrophic coverage. MoRx does not pay for the Medicare Part D Plan’s monthly premium.
- MoRx uses the formulary of the Medicare Prescription Drug Plans. Any drug covered by a member’s Medicare Drug Plan will also be covered by the MoRx plan.
- MoRx works with all Medicare Prescription Drug Plans.
- Dual eligible members will continue to have coverage for Medicare-excluded drugs through Missouri Medicaid. Medicare-excluded drugs include specific over-the-counter drugs, vitamins, minerals, limited cough and cold drugs, benzodiazepines and barbiturates as they are currently covered by Medicaid, as noted on the Division of Medical Services Pharmacy pages.
- Extra help with paying for Medicare Part D costs is available from the Social Security Administration (SSA) for individuals with low income and limited assets. All dual eligibles automatically qualify for the extra help in paying for their premiums and co-pays. Other individuals may submit an application for extra help to the SSA.
If you are interested in receiving an application or in learning more about the program, please contact the Missouri Rx Plan by calling 1-800-375-1406 or visiting http://morx.mo.gov/.